November 12, 2010

I didn't care much for the new video version of this musical, but I do enjoy Nikki Blonsky's voice to Ricki Lake's and Marissa Jaret's I must say. And this is probably my favorite song of the entire production



Hair is and has been one of the oddest musicals I've ever seen. When I was dancing in New York, this was the one I couldn't wrap my head around. It all feels out of place in just the right way. The movie adaptation leaves out a song or two just like any film would (although with "Rent" I'm still heartbroken over the exclusion of Joanne's 'We're Okay', but this is a rant for another time). And while the namesake song is itself quite entertaining, probably because I'm an Aquarius and there's a Black lady belting out like I will never be able to, this is number one on my list for

No comments:

Post a Comment