October 24, 2010

Art is Life

This is late....I am sorry! This Human was not thinking so much and is late coming on this blog for Sunday.

I tend to be rather practical. My appreciation of art usually is along the lines of what message it is sending. Last night I had the great opportunity to attend a Michael Franti concert with my sweetie. One  song I really enjoyed is rather simple, but speaks to the desire to be accepted for who we are. There has been a lot of news about teen suicides lately, and I wonder if this simple message is what has been lost in our culture. We need to not only tolerate one another, but accept each other. There is a big jump from tolerance to acceptance and this song illustrates how important it is to accept each other right where we are. Being accepted is akin to being hugged, not just put up with.

Here's Shake It with Michael Franti and Spearhead:

No comments:

Post a Comment