October 08, 2010

Intro to me yo. Word

Hello there! I'm Alex and Fridays are my days!
So get used to this face. I've been working on my own blog over on tumblr, 30 day challenges. I've been getting back in touch with my creative side and this collaborative blog couldn't have come at a better time. I'm a California native, always just outside of LA. I love photography and spoken word, hate peas and liver. My life revolves around food and movies mostly just because I love them. I was never really good at drawing or instruments, which makes me sad. But I was a professional dancer for a while, so I guess that made up for it
This whole thing got me thinking about the creative journey that got me here and I reminisced about my first professional opportunity. I worked with a pretty well known legally blind lesbian photographer based out of North Hollywood name Ava Weinstein. My first shoot with her was for upcoming artists Jasmine and Jream. It was amazing and exciting and wild. So today's post is dedicated to an amazing photographer that reopened my eyes even as hers continue to failIf you ever see this Ava, thank you for believing in me
Check out her work: http://www.avaseyes.com/

2 comments:

  1. Alex......This is Ava. Wow thank you so much for such beautiful words. You have to be my biggest fan! I am truly humbled.

    I have thought about that night and you often over the last two years. How could I ever forget you standing in the background almost in shock. Your eyes wide and mouth dropped open. I only wish you had taken my camera and shot a little. Lets see of we can make up for that. I would love to invite you again to shoot with me. I would be honored and excited to shoot with you .

    You can reach me to chat and to get the 411 on the "Classy Lady" shoot. So call, please...818 290 2186.

    If you haven't seen it yet check out my you tube Chanel.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/throughavaseyes

    ReplyDelete