October 15, 2010

I love falling in love with the idea of ambiguity, which is odd for the fact I like to see things clearly. But the abstract in life is what makes it so damn interesting. It's kind of like trying to contour occam's razor into average human life. Many enjoy it, but how many really understand it? For instance, this photo I love, and I have no idea why. The message, personally is quite unclear to me. But I have a quirk about what I don't understand, what I don't "get." I'm more interested the less I know. I mean, I've been a fan of Monet since I was a youngin' and stared at the 'Les Peupliers' painting. I'll never know why it caught my eye at such a young age, but it did. And it has remained with me all these years. There's a certain dichotomy within me that enjoys sweet mixed with a little rough around the edges. Even in the soft spots of impressionism I find a toughness you won't get in a run of the mill oil canvas structure, though I may just be bias. With all that being said, the point I guess is this. Taking a gander at what cannot be concisely explained is what we all love about art. Openness to interpretation allows for loving debate over style and meaning and purpose. The main thing to remember is to enjoy it, whatever your "it" may be.

Cheers all, hasta semana

3 comments:

  1. Love this!
    I totally feel the same, I have this fascination with the abstract even though I tend to think very systematically.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate; we are very, very similar that way.
    "Ew, why do you like that?"
    "If you have to ask, you won't understand."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly. I don't understand it fully, but my mind is open enough to know that I am enjoying the experience

    ReplyDelete